Want to know what’s going on with NAMI Clackamas? Read all about it here!
Do you need to talk to someone who’s been there?
Support Connections Peer Support Specialists can help people with mental health issues by and people supporting loved ones with mental health issues by:
- Helping to navigate the mental health system including finding a provider, making appointments and being an advocate when necessary
- Helping to identify barriers to wellness and recovery and focusing on strategies to overcome them
- Finding other community resources and support programs
- Assisting in development of goals
- Listening and offering support
- Modeling recovery to share hope
- Working with their natural support system, like family and friends, when appropriate, to help achieve goals
Support Connections is offered in Clackamas and Multnomah Counties at no cost to anyone with mental health issues including anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, ADHD and more. Peer Support Specialists can meet you where you’re at, both in your community and in your recovery. Services are offered in English and Spanish and LGBTQI-specific support is available. Peer Support Specialists are not clinicians, therapists or prescribers.
If you have questions or want to make an appointment call the NAMI Clackamas office at 503-344-5050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Connections is a partnership between Northwest Family Services and NAMI Clackamas and is funded by a generous grant by Health Share of Oregon.